Grandsons

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Tool # 2

1. My thoughts on creating a PLN are concerning and at the same time exciting. It is exciting as a professional to be able to share ideas, strategies, and lessons with other educators. My concern lies in using this with the students because the time factor. I have seen students communicate on my space but their content is not what I would accept academically. They will need lots of coaching on how to properly communicate using a social network.

2. The points that stuck with me in the commenting advice were:
-disagreeing respectfully
-Supporting or questioning, not just agreeing.

I commented on the following blogs:
Mimi the blogger (Michelle Garcia)
11 Tools Training: Tool 1 (Nancy Delgado)
RGEdavisi (Ivonne Davis)
Discovering Technology for Education (Guadalupe Menjivar)
Teaching and Technology (Eric Zulaica)

2 comments:

  1. I agree 100% with you. This is a great tool for our students but there has to be good preparation done before. Creating informational sessions, not only for students but for parents too would be very benefitial so that parents can be involved at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be wonderful to be able to follow your ideas, strategies, and specially your lessons. There are so many great things I can learn from you :)

    ReplyDelete